Treating Trauma by Dr. Kathleen Young is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- #TBT: What is Trauma?
- What Causes Dissociative Identity Disorder?
- Mindful Monday: Change
- Dissociative Identity Disorder and Identity Disruption
- #TBT: 7 Things You Can Do Right Now To Start Feeling Better
- Dissociative Identity Disorder and Amnesia
- Mindful Monday: Mindfulness Is
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Throwback Thursday: Treating Anorexia
- Dissociative Disorders and DSM-5
- Abuse Activism Chicago Childhood Abuse Complex Trauma Depression Dissociation Dissociative Identity Disorder Eating Disorders Emotional Abuse Gay Hate Crimes Health Lesbian LGBT Mental Health Oppression Psychologist PTSD Rape Relationships Self-care Severe Trauma Sexual Abuse Sexual Orientation Suicide Therapy Trauma Violence Women
Search Treating Trauma
Tag Archives: Body Image
5 Things You Can Do Now to Promote Positive Body Image Continue reading
October 18-22, 2010 is Fat Talk Free Week. Fat Talk Free Week is a five-day public awareness effort sponsored by Tri Delta, The Center for Living, Learning and Leading, and others. The campaign’s goal is to draw attention to the damaging impact of fat talk and to promote body acceptance. Continue reading
A severe form of binge eating disorder, characterized by body dissatisfaction and depression, is linked to childhood sexual and emotional abuse. Self-criticism is a mediating factor between childhood trauma and body dissatisfaction and depression. Continue reading
Negative self-talk can take other forms and focus on any or all aspects of your behavior, and perhaps most damaging, your very character or sense of self. Shame, that felt sense that one is innately bad, often shows up as a sort of running inner monologue detailing your shortcomings. Continue reading