Treating Trauma by Dr. Kathleen Young is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
- #TBT: The Impact of Trauma
- Mindful Monday: Letting Go
- #TBT: What is Trauma?
- What Causes Dissociative Identity Disorder?
- Mindful Monday: Change
- Dissociative Identity Disorder and Identity Disruption
- #TBT: 7 Things You Can Do Right Now To Start Feeling Better
- Dissociative Identity Disorder and Amnesia
- Mindful Monday: Mindfulness Is
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Abuse Activism Chicago Childhood Abuse Complex Trauma Depression Dissociation Dissociative Identity Disorder Eating Disorders Emotional Abuse Gay Hate Crimes Health Lesbian LGBT Mental Health Oppression Psychologist PTSD Rape Relationships Self-care Severe Trauma Sexual Abuse Sexual Orientation Suicide Therapy Trauma Violence Women
Search Treating Trauma
Tag Archives: Guided Imagery
Nightmare Reprocessing is a technique for addressing recurring nightmares that may accompany post-traumatic stress Continue reading
Trauma therapy does not only consist of telling your story or focusing on traumatic memories, though of course that is a crucial part of the work. Bringing trauma memories to mind, talking about them in a trusting relationship, and developing the capacities for managing them while staying present in the moment are all crucial parts of the healing process. A premature emphasis on traumatic material can in fact do more harm than good. Many trauma survivors may first need to learn and practice a variety of self-care skills that you can then employ during the memory work phase of therapy. Continue reading
& things you can do to take care of yourself, self-care for anxiety, depression, dissociative identity disorder, eating disorders, trauma Continue reading