The SAAM Day of Action (formerly A Day to End Sexual Violence), to be observed in 2010 on Tuesday, April 20 is recognized nationally as a specific day to focus awareness on sexual violence prevention. Through coordinated planning of special events, advocates can raise awareness, media attention and national momentum for ending and preventing sexual violence. The NSVRC encourages participants and those planning special activities to visit our Event Suggestions page for ideas on how to observe this day in your community and to post your events on the online calendar.
What can you do to prevent sexual violence?
- Create a flag for Be the Solution’s photostream
- Tell your story/ bear witness to others’ stories of sexual violence
- Educate yourself and others about rape culture
- Join an organization like Men Can Stop Rape
- Read and share How To Prevent Rape
I’d love to hear your ideas about taking action!